23.1.18 this weeks runs
I actually enjoy hill reps, strange it may seem but I do feel that I improve more doing them than I seem to with speed work, it's not scientifically proven but it's how I feel after I've been regularly training.
Hills are as such my best friend in a race as its where I tend to over take people, mainly on the ascent as its the stronger of the two disaplines. When I'm over taken I tend to find its on the fiat and sprint finishes, on the flat I seem to get to a reasonable speed but never seem to gave it in me to hold that speed. When I'm entering a finish I've already put everything into it so people will fly by and I think you should have pushed harder earlier if you've got that much energy.
Back to the hill reps I did. These were two lots of five over two different gradients but both on boggy wet grass. The first five were quick up slow steady run down, the second set was the reverse and I actually find this harder as trying to let your legs go but with some control is harder than it seems , but it went well, so Monday nights session I will say was successful.
Friday was a run home over some terrible ground at first but it was starting to freeze so by the time I got to Greasley church it was quite a nice run, part of this route was along The Robin Hoods Way, went past the remains of I think a windmill. 9.5 miles in the bag before the weekend got underway.
Sunday I got an invite to run with four others running from Wirksworth, an 8 mile route running to Harbourgh rocks ,the back of Carsington water before running past the National stone Centre.
All in all a decent week of running.
Hills are as such my best friend in a race as its where I tend to over take people, mainly on the ascent as its the stronger of the two disaplines. When I'm over taken I tend to find its on the fiat and sprint finishes, on the flat I seem to get to a reasonable speed but never seem to gave it in me to hold that speed. When I'm entering a finish I've already put everything into it so people will fly by and I think you should have pushed harder earlier if you've got that much energy.
Back to the hill reps I did. These were two lots of five over two different gradients but both on boggy wet grass. The first five were quick up slow steady run down, the second set was the reverse and I actually find this harder as trying to let your legs go but with some control is harder than it seems , but it went well, so Monday nights session I will say was successful.
Friday was a run home over some terrible ground at first but it was starting to freeze so by the time I got to Greasley church it was quite a nice run, part of this route was along The Robin Hoods Way, went past the remains of I think a windmill. 9.5 miles in the bag before the weekend got underway.
| Greasley church gate and cross |
| Looking back over to Ilkeston where I'd set of from |
Sunday I got an invite to run with four others running from Wirksworth, an 8 mile route running to Harbourgh rocks ,the back of Carsington water before running past the National stone Centre.
All in all a decent week of running.
Comments
Post a Comment