18.12.17 The Club
Although I call it The Club, it's more an informal group meeting of tri-athletes and runners from the area and from a number of the local running clubs, and to be honest it's everything you could want, Steve who organises these is very good at putting a training session on that uses the local lumpy sections for hill work while also finding safe areas to run when doing speed sessions. These sessions definitely get the best out of a mixture of abilities within the group.
We met at a local grass track last night as the paths have been slippy recently. It was warmer than expected with the grass soft in some places but still hard with frost in others, we set about a 1600 m warm up before doing 3 sets of 16 X 100m quick paced running. A hard session, although I was once told and I definately agree with this, "any session is only as hard as you make it" , saying that it helps when your working with/ against fellow runners. It's a hard thing to push yourself against nothing but a watch.

Comments
Post a Comment