21.1.18 Chevin snowy hills.
A drive over to Heage to meet a friend for a run, weather forecast couldn't have been more wrong. Yesterday it said we could get sleet showers, this morning no sleet, it would be dry rain in the afternoon, like I said they couldn't be more wrong . It actually snowed all morning and now it's sleeting. I've got to the point where you really can't trust the forecast.
However it did make for a great run, a few people out enjoying the snow on bikes and walking their dogs, for us this was a couple of hours run heading from Heage over to the back of Belper before heading on to Milford and on to the Chevins. I'd never been on this particular route or in fact area. I can image it has good views in the summer, but all we could see were snow flakes, not a bad thing.
Heading along the Chevin was nice after the long climb up, before heading down to the opposite side of Belper by the side of the River Derwent. I knew some of this route as it was part of the Belper River relays, a cracking route four legs long and done at a sustained quick pace along both sides of the Derwent.
Next was the only part on rd a 1 Mile up hill section before dropping back down on to the field and back over to Heage great run in slightly winters conditions.
| Two views on the top of the long climb onto the Chevin. |
Comments
Post a Comment